6.22.2010

Papal Rogues

Papal Rogues
Ron Wilk
Langdon Street Press, April 2010
ISBN: 978-1936183029

Papal Rogues, is the debut thriller by author Ron Wilk that focuses on the increasingly dangerous world of computer hacking and cyber crime. Computer programmer Michael Squire is found dead from what appears to be a drug overdose. What unfolds is a multi-layered, adrenaline-pumping mystery that will have you guessing until the very end. A fast-paced thriller that weaves a fictitious yet controversial tale about top corporations, the military and most surprisingly, the Vatican.

Michaels programming partner Calder McMonagle, believes there is more to his friends death than what the newspapers are reporting. In an attempt to uncover the truth he leaves his home in Scotland and travels to California. Calder, with the help of a beautiful girl, begins to uncover a conspiracy behind Michaels murder. Upon discovering the conspiracy behind his friend's death, he begins to investigate why he was murdered. Thus begins Calder's determined quest. Calder's shocking discoveries lead him to the true force behind Michael's demise, incriminating major figures in one of the world's most revered institutions. Then discovers what happens when you uncover something that was never meant to be found.

I greatly anticipated receiving and reading this book. Once I started, I couldn't put it down until I found out how it ended. I definitely was not disappointed; it kept my undivided attention and interest wondering what would happen on the next page. There were certainly surprises along the way. Ron Wilk unravels a mystery which never lets up. Wilk is an expert in describing a situation in words to paint a very clear picture of what is happening. I highly recommend this book - it really helps you think outside the box at the possibilities.

http://www.papalrogues.com/